Next Up For Review

Next Up For Review
The Center Cannot Hold, Elyn Saks

Monday, February 7, 2011

Why This...Why Now?

Why this site? What is it all about?
Good questions. Glad you asked. This site happens to be part of a fabulous blog package that I won in a short fiction writing contest, hosted by none other than Chick Lit Shorties. Never heard of it? You simply must check it out. It is the place to be for everything Chick-lit. There are monthly writing contests and shorts that you can grab and read on your lunch break. Which got me thinking...
Why aren't there more sites out there for the unknown author that lives inside every one of us? Sure, there are plenty of spots to submit to online magazines--but they all seem to have an avant garde feel to them. Leaving out the masses of readers that just want a good story, they print things that are the equivalent of a mind bending soduku puzzle. Great, if that's what you're into.

But what about the rest of us? The ones that don't go to foreign films every weekend and still eat fried chicken washed down with a cold brewski? Aren't we entitled to be heard? The short answer is yes. Not a wimpy, hide behind a crocheted book cover yes; but a hearty drag out the best you've got and make us cry yes.
 That is the reason for this blog and my newest brainchild  ElsieLove.com
I want your poems, your sappy love stories, your tales of the woes of motherhood. Bring me your failed marriages, your hot sex with the man next door and questions of worthiness in the face of supermodels.
I want it all.
I want to put it on my website. I want people to read it and laugh (or cry as the case may be). I want you to show it proudly to your friends; but mostly, I want you to get over your fears of putting it out there. Because, as a person that has put a few things in print, I can tell you the biggest road block out there is fear. Once you conquer your fears of rejection and criticism, the rest is a piece of cake.
In return for your trust, I will link to you, interview you, and give you the fifteen minutes of fame that every American (or foreign national) deserves.
I promise, I don't bite unless provoked.
P.S. I'm still working on the darn buttons. Until I get the kinks out, email me by clicking on the words that say 'email me'!

2 comments: